Monday 25 February 2008

Mongolian Invasion Update

This update would ideally have been published about 4 months ago. I have been making efforts to arrange for a Liverpool performance by the traditional Mongolian musicians Tserendavaa and Tsogtgerel, to take place on or around Saturday 3rd May 2008.

Unfortunately, this has proven more difficult than I may have imagined, and whilst a venue has been secured (the excellent Walk the Plank theatre boat currently moored at Canning Dock), it is looking unlikely that visas for the performers will be secured, owing largely to the cost.

There is every chance that Routes Nomades will be arranging another tour in 2009, when hopefully I will have the finances to put the event on myself.

Many thanks to those people who have offered their support, and my apologies to any scousers wishing to learn throat-singing.

0 comments: